If you are reading this article, you must be considering Switzerland for your higher studies and must be wondering about the do’s and don’ts in Switzerland. So through this blog we will be discussing the do’s and don’ts in Switzerland. So let’s begin without any further delays and see what is there in do’s and don’ts list for students in Switzerland.
But before moving to the do’s and don’ts list let’s talk about this beautiful country. Switzerland is a beautiful destination. Hence, everyone dreams of visiting it once in a lifetime. Switzerland is a small European country which has always been famous for its natural beauty, swiss cheese, and chocolates. As a result, its consistently ranked in the top 10 world’s happiest places every year. Well, you have chosen a perfect destination for your higher studies.
Switzerland boasts of some of the most useful inventions in the world. Some then are such as a Swiss army knife, milk chocolates, velcro, Helvetica font, potato peeler, and many more. Do you know Albert Einstein developed the theory of relativity in Switzerland? So, hopefully, the scenic views of Switzerland will unleash the hidden excellence in you too.
Undoubtedly, Switzerland is a beautiful country, and you will enjoy your academic life there. But to settle down in a new place, you need a list of Do’s and Don’ts. As they can will make your life easier. So, let’s get started with a list of Switzerland.
1. Explore your new home. With 208 mountains, staying in Switzerland will be more of a vacation. Further, you can do hiking and other mountaineering sports. One can drive in the scenic hilly roads for the experience of a lifetime. Moreover, no trip to Switzerland could be complete by immersing in the beauty of the Swiss Alps. The Alps are one of the most beautiful and romantic destinations in the world.
2. Network with other students. As 25% of students in Switzerland are International students. So, you are likely to make friends with people across the globe. Besides this, your stay here will teach you cultural diversity. Moreover, you will make international connections which will help you in a career and life forever.
3. Explore the rest of Europe. As Switzerland shares borders with 5 European countries. Switzerland is well connected to the rest of Europe. Transportation is very efficient. So, utilize and get a dream weekend getaway while you are there.
4. Enjoy a high quality of life. Switzerland is always ranked very high in terms of living standards. The crime rate is very low. Besides this, it’s one of the happiest places in the world. So, with picturesque surroundings to explore and delicious cheese and chocolates to eat, life is exciting and joyful.
5. Get used to Swiss punctuality. So,be very punctual to the classes. Even if you are 2-3 minutes late, apologize and get ready for frowns. Also, be punctual in completing your assignment. Besides this, you have to meet every deadline, or else it will affect your grades.
6. Avail free development classes provided by University. Swiss universities often offer free language classes, career counseling, and networking events. So, utilize the opportunity for a better career.
7. Try to be a part of local student organizations. As such organizations give excellent opportunities to work in various fields. Such experience is valued further a lot by Swiss employers and shows you care about the local community.
8. Take off your shoes while entering someone’s house. As locals keep separate house shoes to wear inside the house. So the host will offer you a pair of shoes to keep your shoes outside.
9. When you are drinking wine, touch everyone’s glass first and say ‘cheers’ or ‘prost’ before starting.
1. Don’t worry about the quality of education. Just like Swiss chocolate and cheese, Swiss Universities have high brand value. There are several top-ranked universities here. Degree from these universities is very prestigious. It further ensures a bright future and successful career. Innovation and research are considered very important. And a lot of private organizations provide funding for research projects.
2. Don’t worry about education expenses. The tuition fees of Swiss universities are the lowest in Europe. So, this will help you save money for living expenses and travel.
3. Don’t worry about efficiency. As Switzerland has a very efficient transport system. Metros and other public transport are regular and on time. Universities are well organized. So, official work is fast and hassle-free.
4. Don’t worry about your safety. Switzerland is one of the safest countries in the world. Thus, you can explore it without worrying about your safety. Violent crimes are nonexistent. Petty crimes are very few compared to other countries.
5. Don’t worry about communicating with locals. As, Switzerland is a multilingual nation. It has four national languages French, German, Italian, and Romansh. Further, locals understand English. So, it is an excellent opportunity to learn new languages. So by the time you complete your course there, you will be proficient in multiple languages.
You are now prepared to begin your adventure in Switzerland. Moreover, remember you are visiting one of the world’s most beautiful places. So, enjoy and make lifetime memories. We hope you have a great time in Switzerland. So, all the best.